Good morning, blog readers!
Today I’m writing about a new discovery of mine. The Perogie Casserole. In this case, I used our turkey leftovers in it, but ordinarily I do not.
I found this particular recipe on the back of the perogie package, but I’ve added little differences.
– Perogies (we use frozen)
– 2 cans of Cream of Potato soup
– Broccoli (we often use carrots here; sometimes both)
– Cheese – shredded (the variety is your choice. In this case we used white cheddar)
– Leftover turkey meat (you could use chicken or if you want, no meat at all)
– Tomatoes (larger tomatoes chopped, or small tomatoes)
Directions: (preheat oven to 360 degrees F)
1. Open can of soup and put into bottom of casserole dish.
2. Mix in 1/2 can of water and stir.
3. Add chopped turkey over soup.
4. Chop vegetables and add 1/2 over turkey.
5. Cover with perogies.
6. Add remainder of veggies over perogies.
7. Add the other can of soup on top and “smooth” over with the back of a spoon so that the surfaces are covered.
8. Top with shredded cheese.
9. Put it in the oven at 360 degrees F for 25 minutes. I usually watch it after the 25 minute mark to check its progress. Sometimes it isn’t quite ready. Wait until the cheese is golden brown or bubbly. Remove from oven.
10. Scoop out and serve, topped with chopped tomatoes.
Thank you all for reading! Have a great weekend!