Good evening blog readers! Today I’m writing about my second attempt at tomato soup. It was better than the last one… but not by much. My husband says he loved it, but I think he’s just flattering me.
I found the recipe on Pinterest, but it is a different one than the last one I used.
– 7 vine tomatoes
– 2-3 cloves of garlic
– 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
– Pinch of salt (to taste)
– Pinch of pepper (to taste)
– Chicken broth (recipe called for 2 cups, but I accidentally put in the whole container… which was about 4 cups)
– 1 cup cream
– 1 can tomato paste (I added this because I had to compensate for putting in too much broth)
1. Mince garlic and put in saucepan with olive oil, salt, and pepper on low heat.
2. Chop tomatoes (I make sure to take out the stem area – as pictured below) and add it to the garlic and olive oil (be sure to retain the tomato juices). *Note: I made the mistake of putting the tomatoes into their own pot as I misunderstood the directions on the blog I followed. I ended up adding the garlic mixture on top of the tomatoes – which is probably why it ended up still tasting a lot like garlic.
3. Let the tomatoes, garlic, and olive oil mixture simmer on medium for 15 minutes.
4. Add in chicken broth.
5. Let it cool for a few minutes before you put everything in the blender.
6. Blend until smooth.
7. Return to stove and add cream.
8. At this point, we added in the tomato paste and I used the whisk to stir it in.
9. Add salt, pepper, or any other flavours of your choice.
10. Eat it on its own or enjoy with a grilled cheese!
Enjoy and thank you for reading!