Good morning, blog readers! Today should be a short entry, because, well, let’s face it, nuts and bolts are pretty simple to make.
This was another case of “how can I fit as much iron into my diet as possible” type moments. I know that the cereal Shreddies is really high in iron, so I wanted to incorporate it into my daily intake of foods. So here we have it.
– 1/2 cup butter
– 3 cups pretzels
– 2 cups cheese sticks
– 2 cups cheese squares
– 3 cups cheerios
– 3 cups shreddies
– 3 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
– 1/4 teaspoon cumin
– Splash of soy sauce
– Dash of garlic powder
– Dash of onion powder
– Shake of seasoning salt
*Note: in my original photo of the ingredients, I didn’t have Worcestershire sauce and I had the wrong type of shreddies. A special thanks to my husband for running to the store for me! xo
1. Melt butter in saucepan.
2. Remove from heat and add all sauces and spices. Mix well.
3. Mix cereals, pretzels, and cheese crackers together in large bowl.
4. Pour butter and spice mixture over cereal and cracker mixture.
5. Mix well.
6. Spread over 2 cookie sheets and place in the oven at 250 degrees F for one hour, stirring around every 15 minutes.
7. Let cool and enjoy!
These went over really well with my kids. Seriously. This was all gone within the day.
Final thought: There’s no question. These were fantastic. I plan on making another batch this weekend. I highly recommend these for yumminess factor. Mmm…
Enjoy and thank you all so much for reading!